Sunday, September 4, 2011

HG Research

I have a gerbil and a hamster and I wanted to see what made them alike and what made them different. So I deceided to make a list of my observations. You may be surpirsed at what I found. First, let's look at the differences between the two rodents.

The Differences List:

GERBIL                                                                                     HAMSTER
Goes Potty Everywhere                                                             Potty trained/picks a corner
Has a long furry tail                                                                   Has short stubby tail
Has Small Ears                                                                          Has big Ears
Awake on and off day and night                                               Nocturnal
Has scent glands on belly                                                          Has scent glands on hips
Does not have a cheek pouch                                                    Has cheek pouches
Does not have paw pads                                                            Has paw pads
Can hop                                                                                     Does not hop
Squeeks                                                                                     Screams (only if scared)

List of Likenesses:

My gerbil and hamster are BOTH
From the rodent family
Must chew for their teeths health
Like sunflower seeds
Are close to the same size

This is Mr.Nibbles, My hamster









This is Cookie, My gerbil



Thanks for reading my observations on HG research. (Note: HG Research stands for Hamster Gerbil research)

2 comments:

  1. Good job Alex, some of this data is surprising. WHen I heard poor Mr. Nibbles scream in fear the first day we brought him home I didn't know what the poor guy was going through. So glad Mr. Nibbles is sweet and used to us now, he really is comfortable with the family and surroundings and that took patience on your part..Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, what a great job you did in researching this. I sure didn't know about all those differences. I love your blog spot. Love, Aunt Sari

    ReplyDelete