Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Passion Flower

Ecclesiastes 3
Photo By Chandra Brown

Sometimes a rare, exotic beauty hidden from view pops out at you when you least expect it. This texturally complex specimen is growing in a neighbors front yard here in Texas. When I think of a passion flower, I think of far off, ethereal lands, not Texas.

I was admiring the delicate features when my neighbor plucked the flower off the vine and handed it to me. She said, "The buds only bloom for a day, so enjoy it while you can."

I never thought a fleeting blossom could teach me something about relationships but this small, hidden wonder along with my neighbors advice helped me come to a realization. When life becomes monotonous, boring or rigid and an opportunity to revitalize arises, even if it isn't one you think is your cup of tea, snatch up the opportunity! Killing the passion because you're not used to the change of scenery only leads to a wilted existence. You might be missing out on something beautiful!






1 comment: