Friday, April 3, 2015

The Wicked Deviled Egg


'Wicked in Waiting'
Photo by: stephendepolo

You started off as the epitome of a good egg; hard boiled, firm and strong. Then you split in two showing your true inner self. You mixed company with your crumbled yellow yolk and it was not good company. You let the red onion overly influence you with its feisty, mean ways and the garlic permeated you through and through. On the outside you looked creamy, delicious; dare I say, even angelic. You sat there with your smooth texture tempting me to come and taste. I gave in, sinking my teeth into the soft, supple, slick white and my teeth felt like they were gently being set on a cloud as they sunk in the whipped, creamy, yellow middle. My tongue swirled your tasty goodness in my mouth savoring every last ingredient before giving heed to the throat begging for its turn, then I swallowed.

Yes, you satisfied my taste buds, then your wickedness, your duality presented itself deep within me. I could hear your evil cackling laughter down in my gut at your success into duping another fool into your vehement torture. You were no ordinary deviled egg, you were wicked in waiting and you unleashed your true inner self on my digestive system.

I will never trust again.


NOTE: Here's hoping you have better luck with Easter Dinner appetizers than I do. I love deviled eggs but this past experience has caused me to question every one I see; somehow I find my forgiveness for food is blind and I will try these tantalizing amuse-gueules again and again. I just can't seem to stay away, that past batch was bad but I'm not going to let it spoil deviled eggs for me.

What are some of your favorite deviled egg recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment