Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Please Order My Steps

I have had a very interesting field exercise with the Lord this past year as I have been in the mainstream church environment. I have been accused of being like Eve and believing a deception as I took those steps into the local church. I have been accused of deceiving my family and warned of the way of the Nicolaitans as I re-entered the local church. I have been accused of rejecting truth and on a path to shipwrecking my faith. I can honestly say, I went in those doors with eyes wide open. I understand the teaching of deception and what to look for as I have studied the word my entire life but with more emphasis on apostasy in the past 20 years. I went there as an obedient act of God, as my family was being attacked spiritually and I had no one to stand by me (Eccl. 4:9-12, Hebrews 10:25).  Sometimes in war, God sends you to places temporarily for your protection, even places that may have deception and other battles to fight (Matthew 12:3-4, I Samuel 21:4- has some bearing to that statement) I think of Samuel serving in the temple under Eli and his sons who were scoundrels. Samuel kept his integrity and heart after God- I Samuel 2:12- (I am not implying the people at this church are scoundrels, I am stating that 'apostasy' in some form was in God's Temple even in the OT and that didn't stop Samuel a young man from following God while under Eli's poor instruction at times and his son's awful mistreatment of their positions). I went in those doors with my battle gear beat to a pulp and exhausted. (Ephesians 6:10-18). Either I am relying on God or man... I believe I choose God!

I admit, I can be deceived, I have been before and God brought me out of it. Yes, I can still fall into deception, I am human, frail and the heart is desperately wicked. I am writing this post to state, those above accusations just aren't true in this particular event in my life. When there is a desperate situation, desperate measures are called for and obedience to God requires swift action.  I obeyed God even under the intense pressure of accusations from partial knowledge of my circumstances. (Acts 5:29, Proverbs 29:25).  God has kept me close (Psalms 91:4), and kept my family from being snared (Proverbs 3:26).

I have been grateful for the results of my obedience but as I spend my time in a 'refugee camp' of sorts I see problematic issues. God, what should I do, are you going to move me to another camp or call me back out to the battlefield? The struggle I am under is tough especially with the deep wound that won't seem to heal properly. I trust you explicitly, my commander in Chief, I just don't trust others anymore.
Waiting For the Word
I know a sheep alone is easy pickings for the devil, they become sickly and can't even defend themselves. Relationship with Jesus and fellowship is key to protection in this wide world of fiery darts being hurled at the flock, but what about those wolves in sheep clothing within the flock, or the ignorant sheep that hurt other sheep or the deceived that think they hold fast but are in deed in error?  Jesus, You are the Good Shepard. Help me to rely solely on You for healing and health within your church. It is my prayer that I do not be a sheep that hurts others too. It is hard in the apostate time to find those on the narrow path who love each other deeply and seek truth that causes conviction that leads to full submission to you. I yearn for that reality to become real.

I am steadfast in the promise you gave me at my bedside BEFORE all this happened. Genesis 50:20... May it be so, I know it will be so.

Love,
Your obedient servant!

Psalms 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord!

Psalm 91:2
Psalm 25:20
*Psalm 27:5
Psalm 31:20
Psalm 32:7
Psalm 71:3
Proverbs 14:26

2 Timothy 4:16-18

At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be  held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through  me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen!

Mom and Dad, you have been there for me in prayer and in wise counsel... THANK YOU! So wish you weren't 1000 miles away!

P.S.
I like using 'Art' in my posts but only because it looks nice. I am educating myself about the seeker sensitive movement and boy, I can see why someone would read my blog and think the pictures I use fall into the 'error' mysticism category. I just like art, I don't worship icons or take any spiritual meaning in art. I just LIKE it and that is all.






No comments:

Post a Comment