Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why The Incredible Hulk Would Make A Great Politician And Take Care Of Business

photo by: flashbacks.com
The Late Bill Bixby


While searching for something good to watch recently, I ran across The Incredible Hulk Season One episodes on Netflix and added it to my queue. I clicked the add button with a passing nostalgia for when I was a kid in the 70's watching TV shows like The Dukes of Hazard, The Love Boat, Wonder Woman and The Hulk. I admittedly thought this is bad TV but it would be fun to go down entertainment memory lane just to see how bad that TV was.

I called my daughter Alex down from the computer virtual webworld she was playing in to see some good old fashioned entertainment. I told her watching The Hulk was a not to miss event when I was growing up, even though the only thing I remembered about the series was the picture of David Banner and Lou Ferrigno being split down the middle and The Hulk got angry a lot.

So I dared to click the watch button and needless to say we were sucked in and blew through the first season in record speed as my husband sat through a few episodes shaking his head at the absurdity and not from the kind on screeen but from his two girls. We were laughing yet still sucked into the story, high fiving every time David Banner transformed, predicting why he'd get angry and how many times an episode he'd Hulk Out.

Which led to us making a list of things that got The Hulk angry, (I know we have too much time on our hands)  As the list grew I noticed some parallels to the feelings flying around the all too unstable political realm and found a little parody gave a humorous relief of sorts. Ahh, the Seventies the decade looked back upon as comical fodder for so many genres found its use in entertaining me once again.

Alas, The Top Ten Reasons Hulk Would Make A Great  Politician And Take Care Of Business was born

Reason Number One: 
He would be able to run his campaign on the Family Forum. (Season 2, Episode 5: A Child In Need)

Reason Number Two:
He would be a Tough Union Buster (Season 1, Episode: Murder On The Waterfront)

Reason Number Three:
He has a messy relationship with reporters (All Seasons)

Reason Number Four: 
He understands the ramifications of a messed up health industry by personal experience, The congressional insurance package would cover his treatments to recovery.

Reason Number Five:
He loves the babies (Season 2, Episode 11: Life and Death :Minute 2:48)

Reason Number Six:
His National policy would be backed by his transient travel

Reason Number Seven:
Whiners and Bullies don't push him around in the end (Whiner: Season 1, Episode 1/2: Death In The Family: Minute 1:33)

Reason Number Eight:
He isn't Politically Correct (Season 2 Episode 3: Ricky Minute 1:40)

Reason Number Nine:
He's a true Altruist, although a misunderstood one (All Seasons)

Reason Number Ten:
He takes Action NOW and get's RESULTS

He even has his Campaign tag line ready to go...
Don't make me angry, You don't want to see me when I'm angry!"
And his ad for campaigning

HULK 2012

Note: He'd have to work on his gun control

No comments:

Post a Comment