Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Man And A Maiden On A Warm Summer Day

Here I go again, skirting the monotonous weekend cleaning schedule so I can do what I'd rather do; read or write about something that interests me. The motorcycle boot scuff marks on the floor can wait a few more hours so I can stroke this mental viand.

People that know me best understand my sentimental nature. I like to swoon and reminisce and exaggerate reality just because words mixed with a little varied imagination on paper allows me the simple pleasure.

Alas, this is the tale of A Maiden And A Man On A Warm Summer Day….

A man and a maiden separated ways, one chose the flat Eastern path, the other traversed the hilly Western maze. The morning dew called them both to ensue upon the set fate of their days.

They parted with a sweet loving peck and thought of each other no more as the the daily marks were set. They toiled upon what must ensue to keep their heavenly abode well kept.

At mid day break the maiden did fall upon pathway travails. She pondered the muddle she found herself in and beckoned for her hero to prevail. Although capable of fixing her plight; a man was
what was needed for this particular avail.

And THEN…

She saw him flying from the East on his valiant steed; loud and thunderous and moving at blistering speed. He saw her waiting upon the Western hill ready for him to accomplish his heroic deed. Her heart melted in the sweltering sun knowing she would be saved; yes indeed!

She watched as he worked, beads of sweat on his brow, securing and fastening her plight into oblivion's domain. Gratitude arose from the depths of her being, a euphoric kiss was reward to her swain. Travelers along the Western maze beheld the true love of a maiden and a man on that warm Summer day.

'The Man'
Photo by: The Maiden 'AKA' Chandra Brown


The story of 'A Man And A Maiden' certainly beats reality; I was stranded because of a flat -tire and had to pull my hardworking husband away from his job to come fix a tire on his lunch break. BORING! Ha ha! 

Thanks honey, you were my hero! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment