Monday, September 8, 2014

Storge, Phileo, Agape Love

I think I am ready to admit this has been one of the hardest of my thirty-eight years on this planet. Sometimes all of life's tangents hit you square in the chest all at once and leaves a deep impression. The blow spins you around and you find yourself in a heap on the ground wondering what it all means.

Oh, the lessons to glean from it all! Believe me, life events bring me to my knees and keep me asking God for the answers. Some questions He has answered, others He has kept hidden for now.

This year I have been heart broken over the separation from my dear loved ones. As I get older the old hymn, Turn Your Eyes to Jesus, sets well in my soul. The things that matter take precedence and when it is relationship with other believers and those that understand you, your heart yearns for the time that could have been, mourns for the time lost and cries out for more in the future. To share your experiences walking with God with those that will hold the dealing of your heart in tender trust is rarely found. The deep sadness comes in knowing you have this rare jewel but it is over 1000 miles away and not easily accessed. Oh to see the lovely expressions on the well known face, the mannerisms, being able to hold their concerns in your bosom and lend a shoulder, to dine together; these are the things that bind.

This particular post is my thank offering to God regarding one of my hearts desires. (Psalms 20:4) The love for my family.



Thank you Mom for finagling your hectic schedule and making the visit happen. Your tender kindness through your artful gift giving and pairing that with the way you know what I need filled my soul with even more love for you. Sometimes a woman needs another woman to help her get back in touch with who she is, and you did that for me. You reminded me it's ok to wear a pretty dress, go out and enjoy yourself and it is really ok to take care of yourself with a little pampering now and then. Your carefree, 'no -holds barred' attitude made me laugh and looking at life through your lenses is very entertaining.
















Thank you Dad for being the intelligent creative force you are. Constantly thinking, applying abstract thoughts to subjects and a great sense of humor is the result. I love you are so attuned to the God-given beauty in nature and are able to share a view of it through your landscape design. I am so proud of the work we did in the front yard, every time I look outside I think of you.

Thank you both for your generosity, willing to give of yourselves even when you are tired and it seems no one gives back. God sees your heart and I see the fruit of the Spirit in you both. You make my spirit soar because I see Jesus in your life.

I love you naturally, affectionately, and willingly!
(Storge, Phileo and Agape)






2 comments:

  1. As I sat reading your blog, tears of joy flowed down my cheek. We humbly accept your praise for us. In all that we do, our prayer has been, as we do this or we do that, may we do it as unto the Lord. It is such a joy being with you and your family. We feel so blessed that we have that. You have and are a beautiful daughter in every way. Love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colossians 3:23 and Proverbs 31:28… Neat to see lived out by real people! :) Chandra

    ReplyDelete