Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shade of Grey: Not So "Shady" Anymore

I'm not really a Sci-Fi junkie but I admittedly watched The Twilight Zone late at night growing up in those adolescent years because frankly, the show titilatted my gray matter, especially the amygdala.

Last night was one of those nights, the kind where your brain will not shut up and keeps you barely hanging on the topics it presents like a chatty cathy. So I wanted to divert my thoughts to a different topic to help bore the issues out of my head, so I got on Youtube and searched The Twilight Zone. I thought a little jaunt down old memory lane might scare my brain into giving me some peace so I could sleep.

Then I saw this clip and all it did was make my brain more alert...

The Obsolete Man

Sounds like today doesn't it!
One word: Surreal

Rod Serling:  "Serling was active in politics, both on and off the screen and helped form television industry standards. He was known as the "angry young man" of Hollywood, clashing with television executives and sponsors over a wide range of issues including censorship, racism, and anti-war politics."

1 comment:

  1. I know the video was edited yet it still brings about the point that our society ousts God every chance they get (i.e.;science, laws, ideology, even autonomy)in order to serve a "greater" purpose...power, control etc..Got to love Rod's use of the abstract in order to get a point out there.

    ReplyDelete