Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blowing Wish Weeds

Walking down a bluebonnet path...

Yellow, blue and orange accompany our feet





But then,

In mid sight a spec of white...



I rush over to pick its stem,

Running free with my mom by my side

I pick the wish weed with pride.


"Look at my flower mom, what is its name?'

"It is a wish weed, so it seems;

A wish weed you blow to grant your dreams."



I filled up my lungs;

Got ready to blow,

so I could watch the wish seeds flow.


Ever so lightly the air passed my lips,

as my breath sent my wish drifting

along grass blade tips.



I quietly gazed at my wish carried in the breeze,

knowing that someday God will reveal His plan for me.


Written By: Alex and Chandra Brown

Inspired by the Brown family adventures in nature.
A true story.














No comments:

Post a Comment