Friday, March 17, 2017

What I Am Not

It is now time I clarify why I write my blog.
It is a personal diary of the things I learn and/ or experience, written in a creative writing manner that tells only a percentage of what really goes on. The world wide web need not know every detail of my life but I do want to be able to look back and be reminded of God's work, or the funny (downright corny, sometimes) interesting or beautiful things I experience that may not have anything to do with my walk with the Lord. I want to write this for my own personal outlet and for a book of remembrance for myself and my family.  Something I can leave behind when I pass away.

I see a trend in the world where people write blogs (or books), gain a following and before you know it the message is misconstrued to the point of no return or the person is idolized (even worse). Readers place their own ideas into the writing because applying context is a lost skill. I even have people who know me (or should know me better) not fully understand me and take the things I say incorrectly or do not take the time to question and find out what I mean. 

My Pride and Joy

The Love Of My Life


So I will be blunt and state what I am not:

1.   A mystic
2.   An attention seeker
3.   A guru
4.   A feminist
5.   A theologian (although I enjoy the topic and do have firm standards on the subject)
6.   Even a good writer
7.   A teacher (although I am to an extent) HA HA!
8.   A mentor (except to my daughter, as I know the responsibility God has given me)
9.   A spiritual guide
10. An Expert

I am:

1.   A hobby writer
2.   A mom
3.   An observer
4.   A wife
5.   A woman
6.   A True Follower of Christ ( IMPERFECTIONS, MISTAKES, FLAWS and all!)
7.   A daughter
8.   A lover of beautiful things
9.   A brain user (he he! My words for thinker)
10. A friend 

If you read my blog. I hope you come away wanting to know Jesus more. If you don't I have failed in that endeavor and I'd rather burn this content than have anyone take away another message. 

Jesus is ALL to me and nothing else is of greater importance!

Read this article on what is happening in churches these days. Automatic writing... WHAT?!?! I swear the world is going to hell in a hand basket....

No comments:

Post a Comment