Monday, December 4, 2017

The Dilemma

As I rest in God, push into prayer, lay my burdens at His feet, and unfortunately pick them back up, only to learn I have to leave them at His feet in order to see Him able to work His plan in my life, I reflect on the struggles of living a christian life.

I love bringing out my wedding album every once and while and reminisce. I had my guests write words of encouragement and notes of advice so I could remember them fondly.  Some were clever, others wrote poetry, some made me laugh. The guests who came really impacted that day.

I have kept this particular note in my Bible the past few years as the advice certainly has been timely. I don't know who wrote it. It is the only one without a name attached. It is typed with errors but the references have been prophetic (in the correct sense of the word... this term has been abused in Christian circles, I would clarify that the advice is sound for anyone walking with God). I asked both sets of parents if they were the culprits but they both don't recognize it. I really would like to find the guest that took the time to write the note since it is being born out in my life.

It has given me hope as I see my family being tumbled to and fro, it seems our hedge of protection has been removed, things just don't seem to be right, battling the fiery darts of falsehood while striving to step out in faith has been extremely difficult. Our health has waned, our jobs have been affected, our reputations have been attacked. YET WE TRUST GOD! Romans 8:28.

Lord, we ask humbly for your direction. What do you want us to do? Do you want us to do anything?

Forgive those that trespass against you, I WILL! Forgive those that plan evil against you, I WILL! Confess your sins so that you may be right with God and others, I WILL! My life is not my own, IT IS YOURS!

I know I am nothing like Job (except in my upright stance - I say this as humbly as one can), I am thankful for the life of Job as the recent things we are experiencing help us read his life and know what to do. STAND FIRM, should I accept good and not trouble from the Lord? (Job 2:10). I will pray for those friends that got it wrong about our situation, as I know this helped Job's heart. Mine is in need of this help too. Job 42.

I know our family can not withstand without Ephesians 6:10-18. The Armor (Word and Prayer).

My Prayer: Lord may the truth be made known. Vindicate your servants and make things whole again! Please right those wrongs and work out the mess that we didn't create. If we are responsible for any part of the mess, please help us in correction.
I John 4:6 is what I am praying, let those who have the Spirit of God understand the truth of our matter.

Quote: "To give truth to him who loves it not leaves room for misinterpretation."
May your Word cut to the quick! Hebrews 4:12.

Wedding Album
Who wrote it?

No comments:

Post a Comment