Monday, October 17, 2011

An Education in Education Part 5

I am officially a dissenter.
The school had me come in for an intimidation meeting. My blogs about OBE were on the principals desk and the counselor was there. They were concerned I have 'misconceptions' about OBE...I got up and said, "we're done." The principal came after me and I had to firmly but nicely say, "we are done" again in front of everyone in the office.

So I came home and found that they were getting my information because I was a member on the Cohort blog site still. I asked to be taken off all databases for the cohort after withdrawing my daughter, I guess I failed to  take them off of mine and that is how they were able to keep tabs on me. Lesson learned. I have officially got them off my site so I feel I can still write about what I've been learning and not be in their hair nor they in mine.

Remember Pennsylvania in the 1970's. Here is Peg Luksik in a 60 minute video on her experience with OBE in her district.






Peg Luksik wrote a book for others wanting to fight this educational model in their district called Outcome Based Education, The States Assault on Our Children's Values


No comments:

Post a Comment